On this page you can download some of the lexicometric software I've written these last years.
Terms and Conditions of Use: designed by and for University researchers and students (see programmes for details).
Thanks for your interest!
This is a set of modules for analyzing lexical co-occurrences which I developped during my PhD (completed 2003).
Since the first confidential version of CooCS (circa 1999), I've improved the programme's performance and ergonomy, I've also added some modules. For the time being (version 2.a) there are six modules included (and more in preparation):
- Coocs: detect lexical co-occurrences around a keyword
- Sections: detect co-occurrences in a partitioned corpus (different authors, periods, etc.)
- Poly-Coocs: detect co-occurrential networks
- Threads: detect virtual co-occurrential networks
- Contexts: extract contexts of co-occurrence
- Distribution: analyze syntagmatic positions of cooccurrent words around a keyword
Caveat:In order to function properly, CooCS requires a Lexico3-type text base. Therefore, before you can begin studying co-occurrential phenonena in your corpus, you need to download Lexico3 (here).
Pack includes: The zip file (8Mo) contains a setup file which will copy the following files to your system:
- the CooCS programme: executable files and libraries for Windows
- a help file: covers each analysis module (in English and French)
- a test corpus: Radio speeches by G.W. Bush (base Lexico3, 21000 occurrences)